Fred Olsen Cruise Lines has introduced an interactive new app to assist its guests in making the most of their cruise experience, both whilst on board Fred. Olsen’s four ocean ships – Balmoral, Braemar, Boudicca and Black Watch – and during their time ashore.
Available to download from the App Store (Apple) and Google Play (Android) free of charge, and is accessible on both mobile and tablet devices, the app will include the following key features:
– Pre-cruise countdown
– Ability to complete ‘Guest Information’ and pre-book ‘Shore Tours’
– Ability to view ‘Cruise History’
– Access to ‘Onboard Room Account’
– Access to digital ‘Daily Times’, including the ability to filter and favourite activities, as well as set reminder alerts. Fred. Olsen will continue to support those guests who still wish to receive physical copies of the daily onboard newsletter
– Access to ‘Restaurant & Bar Menus’
– Destination information – scheduled changes and ports of call can be adjusted within the app, if required, aiming to inform guests in a more succinct, easily-accessible way
– Access to ‘Ship Tracker’
– Access to ‘Deck Plans’… and much more!
Commenting, Ben Williams, Head of Marketing for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:”We are extremely excited to introduce the new Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines app, the latest development to improve the guest experience across our ocean fleet, from start to finish.
Fred. Olsen guests will not need to purchase any WiFi on board the ships to be able to make use of it. Once they have installed the app on their mobile device or tablet, they can connect to the ship’s network without having to pay for on board WiFi, which will allow the app’s function to work in its entirety and will significantly reduce the risk of connectivity issues. However, some features do require WiFi or internet access.
In order to access the app, users will simply need to login with their existing ‘My Cruises’ details, which they use to manage their booking via the Fred. Olsen website. No additional information will be attained, nor required, in order to be able to use the app.
Following the introduction of the app, Fred. Olsen will be gathering guest feedback on the new technology and making any adjustments and improvements necessary. It is also planned that Fred Olsen will add its European river cruise product, Brabant, to the app in due course.