Cunard has announced a series of special Event Voyages in 2020 which guests can celebrate and learn about topics ranging from fashion, literature, history, space and more.
Event Voyages allow guests to pursue creative passions, casual interests and overall curiosities during seven uninterrupted days at sea on flagship ocean liner Queen Mary 2.
- London Theatre at Sea with the Olivier Awards, May 13-20, 2020 (M013): Guests will have the chance to be involved in dance classes, choirs and design workshops as well as see “The Oliviers in Concert” in the Royal Court Theatre.
- Transatlantic Fashion Week, May 24-31, 2020 (M015): The fifth annual Transatlantic Fashion Week Crossing on Queen Mary 2 features Badgley Mischka who will launch their 2021 resort collection in an exclusive runway show during the voyage.
- Festival of Food & Wine, June 7-14, 2020 (M017): Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux Jr. will headline Cunard’s first ever Festival of Food & Wine.
- Journey of Genealogy with Ancestry, August 14-21, 2020 (M025): The Journey of Genealogy returns in 2020 to mark the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower voyage.
- The Greatest Generations Foundation Voyage, August 21-28, 2020 (M026): Cunard will pay tribute to the heroes of World War II during this voyage commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the end of the war.
- Big Band Ball: Inspired by the iconic big bands of the ’30s and ’40s, Cunard’s Big Band Ball combines hugely talented musicians from venues across the ship with special guest musicians from the UK Big Band scene.
- Anthony Inglis and The National Symphony Orchestra, September 4-11, 2020 (M028): Anthony Inglis will conduct the UK’s National Symphony Orchestra on this special Crossing as guests are treated to two spectacular performances.
- World Space Week, October 2-9, 2020 (M032): This year’s World Space Week Crossing focuses on “Women in Space” and the role they’ve played in space travel.
- Transatlantic Music Week, October 23-30, 2020 (M035A): Cunard’s first-ever Transatlantic Music Week will be filled with music from rock to jazz and gospel to opera.
- Literature Festival at Sea, December 1-8, 2020 (M039): The Literature Festival at Sea in partnership with the Cheltenham Literature Festival, the Times and the Sunday Times.
Commenting, Cunard spokesman Josh Leibowitz, said: “We are excited to further enhance our Cunard Event Voyages for 2020 sailings
“Our 2020 Event Voyages represent the very best in music, the arts, food and wine, and fashion and help to make these voyages among the most coveted in the industry.”