Royal Caribbean International has announced that six ships will begin sailing from major U.S. cruise ports in Florida and Texas in July and August.
The cruise line’s comeback will launch on 2 July in Miami, with Freedom of the Seas embarking on a special Fourth of July weekend sailing to Coco Cay. By the end of August, 12 Royal Caribbean ships will be cruising once again across The Bahamas, Caribbean, Alaska and Europe.
Royal Caribbean’s return to the U.S. will be the debut of the brand-new Odyssey of the Seas on 3 July. The ship will set sail from Fort Lauderdale on new 6- and 8-night Caribbean cruises, to soon be followed by Allure, Symphony, Independence and Mariner of the Seas.
Commenting, Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International, said: “Vacationers can finally plan to take their precious time off this summer and truly get away after what has been a challenging time for everyone. I would like to sincerely thank our guests and travel partners for their incredible patience and understanding during this very difficult period. Thanks in large part to the successful rollout of vaccines, the world of adventure is beginning to open up, and we are all excited to start delivering great vacations to our guests, who have increasingly told us they are getting vaccinated.
As of today, 90% of all vacationers booking with Royal Caribbean are either vaccinated or planning to get vaccinated in time for their cruise.”
Royal Caribbean’s full summer lineup:
- Freedom of the Seas – 3- and 4-night Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay sailings from Miami, starting 2 July.
- Odyssey of the Seas – 6- and 8-night Southern and Western Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale, starting 3 July.
- Serenade of the Seas – 7-night Alaska sailings from Seattle, starting 19 July.
- Allure of the Seas – 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Port Canaveral, starting 8 Aug.
- Ovation of the Seas – 7-night Alaska itineraries from Seattle, starting 13 Aug.
- Symphony of the Seas – 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings from Miami, starting 14 Aug.
- Independence of the Seas* – 7-night Western Caribbean sailings from Galveston, Texas, starting 15 Aug.
- Mariner of the Seas – 3- and 4-night Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay sailings from Port Canaveral, starting 23 Aug.